Friday, December 12, 2008

Back in Memphis...

Proud Cousin Whitt and baby Wells

Mimi meeting Wells for the first time


Whitt meeting Wells for the first time


Proud Nana



"Welcome Home" at the Memphis airport




Finally we are back home in Memphis safe and sound. We left Utah on Thursday December 11, 2008. It was so great to be back. It seemed as if were gone forever. Baby Wells was greated by his Nana, Cousin Whitt and friend Ashley at the airport. We did not arrive in Memphis until about 9:30 pm. Mimi also came over to the house to see her first grandson as soon as we got home. Thank you to everyone for the kind words you have sent to Mark and I about baby Wells. He is such a blessing to our family and we love him so much already. We look forward to the many good times that are coming our way.
Our adoption journey was a great experience for us and we learned alot about each other. I have to say that we are truly blessed for the very short wait of the wonderful news of baby Wells. We began the adoption process in June with lots and lots of paperwork along with a home study. The wait for the match of us to Wells only took 3 1/2 months. Then we only had 2 weeks to prepare for the arrival of a new baby when we got the call at about 8:30pm on a Friday night (November 15, 2008) that a baby boy was due to be born on December 4, 2008 and he was ours.
Believe it or not we were as ready as we would ever be.
What a wonderful adventure it has been being lead to this beautiful baby that was meant all along to be with us.

3 comments:

Jacque Sabin said...

I LOVE these pictures and am so sad I could not be there to greet yall home. Whitt looks so sweet holding his new cousin!! Can't wait to see you when I get back tomorrow!!!

Christina and Mark said...

Whitt was so funny. He kept saying "hey baby Wells" and laughing alot. I tried to video him and Ashley was getting it on your camera i think. Yesterday he was holding him again and told nana to "get him back in your arms".

Ann Sabin said...

I can't put into words how proud I am of my growing family. Wells is such a special addition. God has sure blessed us in so many ways with two handsome boys. We are such a busy family beginning with Halloween and ending with the New Year.. I am so glad Christy set up this blog it has been great. To All have a wonderful Holiday Season........ Love Nana