Wow today is January 15, 2014. I have held off so long as to making this post for our family book on May 26, 2013 at 3:50am 7 1/2 months ago my incredible husband of 10 years and 1 month went to his forever home to be with The Lord. Not only was he my husband but he was the BEST daddy in the world to our two precious children Wells Sabin and Alice Ann. They absolutely adored everything about daddy. It was as if almost mommy did not exist when daddy was around. We miss him so much and not a day goes by that daddy is not brought up in conversation with the kids. It saddens me to think that neither one of the kids may remember daddy years from now. He was such a wonderful person that loved his two children like no other. He was a proud daddy and I hope he is proud of all of us today as well.
On April 26 we celebrated 10 years of marriage. On April 27 we left the house that evening to go out to celebrate and had dinner at Caraba's Itilian restaurant. We left there and headed to the Embassy Suites Hotel for the evening for one R & R. Unfortunately Mark had been having bad back pains for probably about 4 weeks now and had a hard time sleeping or even sitting. He was up a lot during the night and finally at about 5am he said let's go to the ER. He could not take the pain any longer. They did a MRI and it showed really bad news. The cancer had spread to his spine and was pretty bad. My heart sank to the floor and I never felt so alone in my like. I was so scared of losing him. Scared for him, myself and my young children. This was the journey of the longest month of my life in the hospital until he would leave this earth on May 26 and take a huge piece of my heart with him. I am heart broken an dit gets harder each and every day. I have always heard that it will get easier with time but that is so untrue. Each day gets harder and harder for me.
Daddy was laid to rest on May 31. The picture below was on May 30 and these two precious totally clueless children had no idea of what was really going on. We were about to go see daddy's just one last time before we buried him. RIP Mark Darden Hawkins. Thank you for coming into my life and heart when you did. I loved you then. I love you now. I will love you for forever. The day I am back in your arms will be the best ever. We miss you so much!
Mark Darden Hawkins, 42, of Memphis died May 26, 2013 at Methodist Hospital Germantown. Mr. Hawkinsgraduated from Harding Academy of Memphis and The University of Memphis. He was employed as an accountant at Binswanger Glass Company.
Mr. Hawkins is survived by his mother, Melinda D. Hawkins; his wife, Christina S. Hawkins; daughter, Alice; son, Wells; brother, Thomas Hawkins; sister, Misty Walker and his grandmother, Sue Stephenson. He is also survived by his mother-in-law, Barbara Ann Sabin; sister-in-law, Jacque Sabin and nephew, Whitt Sabin.
Visitation will be 9-10 a.m., Friday, May 31 at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. Funeral Mass will begin at 10 a.m. Burial will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Holy Rosary Catholic School.
Canale Funeral Directors
MEMORIES & CANDLES
Previous
No comments:
Post a Comment