Alice Ann Hawkins was born December 14, 2010 at 12:31pm. She weighed 7lbs 7oz and was 18 3/4 in long. I (mommy) was asked by the birth mother to be in the delivery room for her arrival and I could not have been happier. Unfortunately daddy had to wait out in the waiting room. I even got to cut the cord and that is something that I will never forget. How many moms can actually say they got to cut the umbilical cord? The birth mother Heather was one of the nicest laid back girls I have ever met. Every time she referred to the baby she would say "your baby" meaning Mark and I. What a great girl and mother she is.
We arrived in Utah on December 13 and had lunch with the birth mother Heather and the birth father Mike at The Olive Garden along with our case worker Jodi and the birth family's case worker Sue. We were a nervous wreck until we got there and things went great.
No comments:
Post a Comment